Matt has just been diagnosed with a serious, progressive illness. He’s concerned what that means for his future and that of his wife Melissa and their kids.
Matt wants to make sure that his family will be secure despite his medical problems.
Matt earns a substantially higher income than Melissa, so he plans to continue working for as long as possible. But he knows that at some point, he’ll no longer be able to meet the demands of the job. He also knows that Melissa will eventually need caregiving assistance.
Matt wants to make sure that his family will be secure despite his medical problems. He also wants a solid financial plan that accounts for his future healthcare needs.
How JJ Burns Can Help
Almost all of us will face health challenges in our later years—which is why it’s so important to plan ahead for the healthcare aspects of aging. But even when you’re young, health is not guaranteed. Illness and disability can strike at any age, impacting your career and derailing your plans.
JJ Burns works with you to navigate the financial repercussions of unexpected illness. We facilitate the conversations you need to have and the decisions you need to make to preserve your independence, provide for your family, and build a secure future.
We help you:
- Create a flexible financial plan to keep you on course, even with health setbacks
- Review your life, long-term care, and disability insurance options
- Develop a strategy to fully maximize your medical insurance and corporate benefits
- Leverage asset transfers and other specialized investment allocation strategies
- Understand and coordinate all government benefits available to you, including Social Security disability
- Collaborate with your attorney on estate planning, health care directives, and other ancillary documents
Interested in learning more about how we can help you protect your financial future and the healthcare you need? Call us at (631) 390-0500 or send a message to set up a complimentary phone consultation.