Loss of a Loved One
With the death of her husband, Donna’s world changed in an instant. She and Frank had so many plans, and now she’s navigating what that means without him.
Donna realizes there are important estate matters to settle and decisions to make, but she doesn’t know where to start.
Frank had been the one in charge of their finances. So on top of coping with her grief, Donna is struggling with the stress of taking over that responsibility. She feels like she’s been thrown in the deep end.
Donna realizes there are important estate matters to settle and decisions to make, but she doesn’t know where to start. What’s more, she’s afraid of doing the wrong thing and diminishing Frank’s legacy. She needs guidance and support, so she can move forward.
How JJ Burns Can Help
Coping with the death of a loved one is never easy. For many of us, it’s the most devastating thing we’ll ever face. Compounding the challenge are the financial matters that must be settled. It can feel overwhelming, especially if you aren’t clear on your loved one’s wishes or the details of their finances.
JJ Burns is here to guide you during this difficult time. We walk you through the steps you need to take and ensure you’re making wise decisions—even as you grapple with strong emotions.
We help you:
- Take stock of your loved one’s assets and settle the estate
- Coordinate with your attorney and accountant on legal and tax matters
- Assess your income, expenses, and both immediate and long-term financial needs
- Right-size your lifestyle to your new situation, when necessary
- Restructure your portfolio to replace lost income or match new priorities
- Update your financial plan to ensure you’re still on track to meet your goals
Interested in learning more about how we can help you navigate the death of a love one? Call us at (631) 390-0500 or send a message to set up a complimentary phone consultation.