Anne is a successful executive with a husband and three kids, but lately she’s been feeling stagnant in her career.
Anne needs guidance on what to do with her stock options and 401(k).
She received an exciting job offer in an up-and-coming company that offers more potential for growth. But before she accepts, she wants to make sure it’s a financially sound decision. She needs reassurance that all her bases will still be covered—including things like health, life, and disability insurance that she gets through her current employer.
Anne also needs guidance on what to do with her stock options and 401(k). She wants to have a solid plan in place, so she can pursue this new career opportunity while still moving toward her retirement goals.
How JJ Burns Can Help
Making a smart career move is exciting, but it can also be stressful. There are countless financial details to consider and big decisions to make, including what to do with your retirement savings. It’s important to look beyond just salary to things like health insurance, taxes, cost of living, and quality of life.
JJ Burns can help you evaluate your options and make sure the transition goes smoothly. We’re with you at every step, from mapping out career goals to weighing job offers and selecting benefits.
We help you:
- Evaluate how your income and expenses will change, and how this might affect your long-term goals
- Determine your options for your 401(k) or other employer-sponsored retirement plan
- Compare your current benefits with the package and options you’re being offered
- Assess how your career move might impact your employee stock options
- Review your employment agreement to ensure that you’re protected and set up for success
Interested in learning more about how your career choices impact your long-term financial future? Call us at (631) 390-0500 or send a message to set up a complimentary phone consultation.